Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 170

Here we go again with the CartoonStock Caption Contest #170. Cartoonist Pat Byrnes, the original Captain Dad, gives us a gathering of three zebras on the African plain but one one of them has a different pattern, bricks instead of stripes. By now, you should have the rules of the monthly cash prize contest down pat: five dollars buys up to three entries and no more. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $75 into the first fifteen pay-to-play contests and this sixteenth one brings my cash outlay up to $80. I won $200 in previous contests, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank you very much. So few caption writers enter that the odds are actually favorable in aggregate; that is, the contest pays out more than it takes in. If only I could find a lottery like this. My three entries are shown below.

"All those Safari vans will jam their brakes."
"We don't condone urban camouflage."
"Say, you know what you're built like?"




August 29, 2023 Update:  The Winner



Lawrence Wood's caption contest commentary is here. Don't expect to find any of my captions mentioned. 


The judges deliberate but, again, not about my captions. The ones they discuss are really far better than anything I came up with:







04419

No comments:

Post a Comment