Monday, July 31, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #859

Eureka! If you can't read the writing on the wall, try the blackboard in The New Yorker  Cartoon Caption Contest #859 from the issue of July 31, 2023. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Juan Astasio.

"What were we looking for again?"




These captions didn't compute:

"It's so obvious!"
"How could we have missed it?"
"You were right. It's the null set."
"I forgot to factor in our combined weight."
"I forgot to carry the one."
"It IS rocket science."
"I can't sort this out. Let's call them non-human biologics."


 



August 7, 2023 Update:  The Finalists





August 18, 2023 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Boston, the bottom one.



August 21, 2023 Update:
  The Winner 

Colin Mills is the son of Carol Lasky.






04397

No comments:

Post a Comment