Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 169

For the CartoonStock Caption Contest #169, Jason Adam Katzenstein shows us a dog as commencement speaker at a graduation ceremony for dogs. How does one write a caption for this?


By now, you should have the rules of the monthly cash prize contest committed to memory: Five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $70 into the first fourteen pay-to-play contests and this fifteenth one brings my cash outlay up to $75. I was fortunate enough to win $200 in previous contests, so I'm still playing with the house's money. The competition is fierce and I don't know whether I can keep this up, but I'm going to work at it like a dog. My three latest entries are shown below, above the break. Below the break are my also-rans.

"It's true. You will all have your day."
"Ask yourselves why no graduating cats are here."
"With homework behind us, I ate my own speech."
* * *
"We will now all fetch our diplomas."
"Help yourselves to a diploma or a belly rub."




04391

No comments:

Post a Comment