Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 167

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest #167, the jars do not contain pickles. To review the rules of the monthly cash prize contest: Five bucks buys no more than three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $60 into the first dozen pay-to-play contests and this one brings my cash outlay up to $65. I was lucky enough to win $200 along the way but as some very talented caption writers play I don't expect to be able to keep it up. My three new entries are shown below, above the break. Below the break are my also-rans. The drawing of the closet you don't want to be in is by Amy Kurzweil.

"What can I get you, Sybil?"
"It all began with stamp collecting."
"Give me a minute to put myself together."
* * *
"Trust me, I have plenty in the way of brains."
"He loves me for my brains."
"There's been a local brain drain."
"I try to be more mindful."
"You've got to own those bad memories."
"Any thoughts?"




June 11, 2023 Update:  The Winners




The judges deliberate:



The artist comments:
Videos added July 4, 2023






04335

No comments:

Post a Comment