Monday, August 17, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #720

Raise a glass to my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #720 dated August 17, 2020. The weighty drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"Have a drink. We pass this way but once."





These captions didn't work hard enough:
"That's how I like it—straight up."
"You're the entertainment?"
"I'm waiting for the Rolling Stones."
"Let me tell you about frustration."
"No kidding? Even on Ladies' Night?"




August 24, 2020 Update:  The Finalists




August 31, 2020 Update:  I voted with Phoenix. Kudos to Mesa, though, for doing better than I did with my "frustration" caption.


September 7, 2020 Update:
  The Winner



Note:  Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Jeremy Nguyen noted that the New York real estate market was having a wash sale. (I wish I'd thought of that then.) I wrote a caption or two but neglected to enter. Drop in a washload and check out Contest #719.



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment