Monday, August 24, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #721

Let down your hair and enjoy my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #721 dated August 24, 2020. The tall tale is drawn by P. C. Vey.
"But I HAVE been social distancing."



These captions weren't Grimm enough:
"Not when I've just cut my hair!"
"Didn't you hear me? I said to build a wall."
"Hey, you forgot to install wi-fi."
"But I don't WANT a Prince Charming."





August 31, 2020 Update:  The Finalists




September 7, 2020 Update:
  I voted with Buffalo, and not only because of the passing resemblance to one of my unsubmitted captions.


September 14, 2020 Update:  The Winner



Note:  Last week in the Caption Contest, cartoonist Benjamin Schwartz showed Sisyphus interrupted in his endless uphill task by a woman sitting at a bar with a drink. Put aside your work long enough to check out Contest #720.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment