Monday, February 27, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #558

Don't neglect my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #558 for February 27, 2017. Everyone thinks the magazine is looking for urbane, sophisticated humor, so I went with a potty joke. The drawing is by the precocious Benjamin Schwartz.

"No, not Pampers. I said I need change."



These unused captions, much like Pampers, are disposable:
"It's time you got the next What to Expect."
"I think you can stop worrying about the terrible two's."




March 4, 2017 Update: The Semifinalists
https://www.research.net/r/558MCA



March 6, 2014 Update: The Finalists



March 13, 2017 Update:  I didn't vote this week, which goes along with my forgetting to enter Contest #560. I'm partial to the second caption.


March 20, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week, cartoonist Harry Bliss gave us a taste of original sin. My caption didn't tempt anyone. Fall into Contest #557.

If only I had more caption contests by Benjamin Schwartz, I would put them all here.

Or do I mean Mick Stevens? Can we get a fact-checker in here?

02113

No comments:

Post a Comment