Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Charles Addams: Morticia Haunting

On October 23 of this year, @joecab left a comment on my milestone 2000th blog post, which was all about how Charles Addams turned me into a first-time rare book collector. He wrote:

I actually have a copy of this book not only signed, but with a drawing of Morticia in it.
My brother was friends with a woman who knew Chas and she got a copy made out to him with the drawing and signature. Morticia is even in two colors: black and a gray wash (watercolor?). Knowing what a buff I am, my brother was kind enough to give it to me.
Now that's a good brother! Reader @joecab followed up by sending along a couple of photos of the book, which is Favorite Haunts published in 1976 and embellished by Mr. Addams two years later. This one remains a keeper!


Charles Addams, Favorite Haunts, 1976
 Copy belonging to @joecab

Inscribed "To Richard/with all best/Chas Addams/1978"



Note:  My thanks go out to @joecab for sharing his gem of a book with us. Charles Addams was fairly generous to his fans. Fans who would like to return the favor may send in scans or photos of original Addams works.


Attempted Bloggery's quick links:






02057

No comments:

Post a Comment