Thursday, November 17, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #545

The minutes of the meeting contain my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #545 for November 14, 2016. The drawing is by Paul Noth.

"Our new C.E.O. was just congratulated by Vladimir Putin."


Bob Mankoff, cartoon editor of the New Yorker, has made it clear he's not going to risk an international crisis with Russia by choosing my caption. Instead, he's chosen the ten funniest captions as informed by the crowdsourced rankings.
https://www.research.net/r/545mc


November 21, 2016 Update:  The Finalists


November 28, 2016 Update:  I didn't vote this week, but I'm sure I would have gone for that third caption.


December 5, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption





Note:  Last week, cartoonist P. C. Vey proved that two heads are better than one. My caption couldn't do the math. Go big with Contest #544.

Check out the blog archives on Paul Noth. Then we'll all have a conference call.

02020

No comments:

Post a Comment