Saturday, November 12, 2016

Mary Astor's Purple Diary Signed by Edward Sorel

Last month I attended a book launch event at the Corner Bookstore in Manhattan for Mary Astor's Purple Diary by Edward Sorel. Mr. Sorel related the story of Mary Astor and how he learned of her now-forgotten sex scandal of 1936. George S. Kaufman, John Barrymore, and Samuel Goldwyn are among those figures involved. After his talk he signed copies of the book.

The Corner Bookstore October 21, 2016 event

Inscribed "For Stephen, With every good wish/Edward Sorel"

Mary Astor's Purple Diary by Edward Sorel


Image added November 14, 2016



Note:  Of the several books featured on this blog that Edward Sorel has signed, all are inscribed, but none have original drawings. I would like to hear from anyone fortunate enough to own an original Sorel drawing in a book, if such a thing exists. As with other New Yorker artists, original drawings published and otherwise are welcome here as well. Help me meet my content quota.

The last time I attended an event at the Corner Bookstore, I met Thomas Vinciguerra. Read all about it.


Attempted Bloggery's essential links:



02016

No comments:

Post a Comment