Friday, May 29, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #476

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #476 for May 25, 2015. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.


"You need to be more grounded."



I played with a lot of captions this week.
"Isn't it time you left your guilt behind too?"
"With one exception, you've made a lot of progress."
"When I said talking about it won't kill you, it was a figure of speech."

"When I said talking about it won't kill you, I didn't know you were in the Mafia."
"You've finally acknowledged your own mortality."
"There's no longer any point to thinking outside the box."
"When did you first feel they were out to get you?"
"I trust you're not taking my last payments to the grave."



June 1, 2015 Update: The Finalists




June 22, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week, Frank Cotham sent a limousine around to the cave. My caption was made from stone knives and bearskins. See the primitive results of Contest #475.

Benjamin Schwartz cartoons: Yeah, we've got that.

01534

No comments:

Post a Comment