Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for March/April 2015

For the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest of March/April 2015, Bob Mankoff and I both agreed on what my funniest caption submission was. Hint: this time I saved the best for last.

"For heaven's sake, just pay the cable bill."
"Shouldn't you be going in to mow the 
carpet?"
"Why don't you read the 'Home & Garden' section?"
"It's been two years. We aren't starting a trend."
"I still want a gazebo."

"There must be an easier way to get on Google Earth."


Here then are the finalists:
Moment Cartoon Caption Contest Finalists for March/April 2015

I'm rather proud of having made it to finalist status in nine out of eleven contests, not that I'm counting.  My performance in the Moment contest has been fairly consistent, and I'm even pleased with the entries from the two contests in which I did not advance. So there.

Even better, my caption from the January/February contest was voted the winner. This means that of the eight completed contests in which I have been a finalist, I have now won two of them! Do you know what the prize is? Neither do I.


August 20, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption
Moment Cartoon Caption Contest Winning Caption for March/April 2015



Note:  Go ahead. You may vote for your favorite caption in the March/April contest until on or about June 10. I personally like all the caption finalists this time around, but I voted for my own anyway. Say, why not enter the May/June caption contest yourself. I'm already hard at work on it.

You may be aware how Bob Mankoff made a rather serious error in inscribing my personal copy of his memoir. Today I'm pleased to report that his error is only half as grave as it was at first. Check out the post and you'll see what I mean.

Cartoon caption contests have given me a better understanding of what it really takes to write a cartoon caption. Check out the archives and see how I've fared. I know I've done well enough with the Moment contest, but the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest is another story altogether.

01520

No comments:

Post a Comment