Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Noodling Around with Ed Koren

Reader and contributor David from Manhattan writes of his latest discovery pertaining to Edward Koren, now Vermont's Cartoonist Laureate:
I've never figured out what some bookstores mean by describing a book as merely "Good" but when it includes a completely sound dust jacket and the book itself appears unread, I'm pleasantly surprised. But when I open it, and find an original Koren drawing on the front free endpaper, I'm stunned. I'm keeping the computer printout for the listing at $7.50 as a souvenir. By the way, I wonder if the tiny face in the noodle is supposed to be Koren.
David

Merry White. Edward Koren, illustrator. Noodles Galore, 1977

Edward Koren, Monster in a pot,
inscribed "For J. M./from E. K./with/love"
in Merry White. Edward Koren, illustrator. Noodles Galore, 1977


Note:  Enjoy my other blog posts featuring the art of Edward Koren.

You won't want to miss these numerous other examples of signed books with original drawings here on the blog.

01194

No comments:

Post a Comment