Friday, November 7, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #449

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #449 for November 3, 2014. The drawing is by Jack Ziegler.
"Do you need the bathroom?"


It isn't easy to write a caption worthy of Jack Ziegler. I had a lot of false starts.
"Could you toss me half the groceries?"
"We're both going to enjoy the football season."

"You said you wanted me to do more around the house."
"Guess my new project."
"Who's handy now?"
"What's for dinner?"

"I left the ironing board on your side."


November 10, 2014 Update: The Finalists



November 24, 2014:
Winning Caption




Note:  Last week's contest featured Frank Cotham's heavenly drawing but then I came along and wrote the caption from hell. See the unholy results of Contest #448.

Jack Ziegler hasn't been mentioned nearly enough on this blog. I'd find someone to blame if this weren't a one-man operation.

01335

No comments:

Post a Comment