Saturday, November 29, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #452--Almost

"3. You have to enter every week. Did you enter this week?"
--Robert Mankoff
November 8, 2014

No, I did not enter this week. I never got around to writing an entry for the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #452 for November 24, 2014. After the deadline passed, I realized my grave mistake. I wrote a caption anyway for the blog, but of course it was too late to submit. The drawing is by Tom Cheney. The tardy caption is all mine.
"Would you care to describe your sleeping arrangements?"




December 1, 2014 Update:  The Finalists




December 15, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Tom Cheney's cartoons are among the most vexing and vexatious cartoons to vex me in this contest. They are also among the funniest.

Last week's caption contest featured J. C. Duffy's cartoon of a pair  of pigs feeding at a trough alongside a piggy bank. My entry was not kosher. See the Orwellian results of Contest #451.

01355

No comments:

Post a Comment