Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #401

Here is my latest entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #401 for October 28, 2013. The cartoon is by Harry Bliss. The caption is by me.

"Speaking of abandonment, Doctor, would you mind turning this way?"


I had just one other caption idea. Frankly, I didn't think it was funny enough.
"Well, isn't it better to be angry than manic and delusional?"


November 4, 2013 Update:  The Finalists


November 18, 2013 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  I'm afraid last week's New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest entry was all up in the air. See it here.

Previous Attempted Bloggery posts with Harry Bliss art may be seen here.

Then again, you might prefer to see Harry Bliss in the Cartoon Bank here.

News about Harry Bliss is covered on Ink Spill here.

More football posts may be seen here.

With the World Series still going on, let's not forget the ol' baseball posts here. Why ever does Roger Angell call it The Summer Game?

Do you recall my very first New Yorker Caption Contest entry? Well, it was another psychiatrist gag, one by Victoria Roberts. I sure hope my captioning has improved a little since then.

Let's not forget that this is the Halloween season. Suitably spooky blog posts may be found here.

Photographs of last year's Hurricane Sandy storm surge on the East River are here.

0930

No comments:

Post a Comment