Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #399

Here is my Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #399 for October 14, 2013. The cartoon is provided by Michael Maslin. The caption is provided by me.

"In a draw, the game goes to the player
with the most bodacious mustache."


I did have one other caption idea:
"I'm sayin' you'd better git off'n the board by sundown."


October 21, 2013 Update:  The Finalists



November 4, 2013 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Can you believe I've been at this for six months? My previous entry in the Caption Contest #398 may be viewed here. Last week I'm afraid I misconstrued the drawing, already the second time I've done this with a Tom Cheney drawing, the first being when I chose the wrong speaker, more or less. The good news, on the other hand, is that a Caption Contest finalist left a comment on the blog, which is another first around here.

My earlier blog posts regarding cartoonist Michael Maslin can be enjoyed here.

See Mr. Maslin's full blog here. The essential Ink Spill portion of his blog follows the news about New Yorker cartoonists including himself.

See Michael Maslin's New Yorker work in the Cartoon Bank here.

A few other blog posts about chess are here.

My views on sequestration also apply to the pointless government shutdown and the self-inflicted debt ceiling crisis. Read it here.

0914

No comments:

Post a Comment