Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 182

It's time to serve up another round of the CartoonStock Caption Contest. In contest number 182, a couple sit down at a dinner table with no food in sight and then work through their problems as only they can. The woman has thrown a fork at the man's forehead, apparently, and her stunned companion reacts.


The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed (and neither has my description of them): five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $135 into the first twenty-seven pay-to-play contests and this twenty-eighth challenge brings my total cash outlay up to $140. Having achieved runner-up status with two previous entries, I've collected $200 from CartoonStock, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank goodness. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even for us less-gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below, above the break. The cartoonist is Derek Evernden.

"Are you sure it's my turn to cook?"
"You're beautiful when you're hungry."

"But we have two more hours of intermittent fasting."
* * *
"Very well, why don't I get the chopsticks?"






August 3, 2024 Update:  The Winner




The Judges Deliberate

Video added July 27, 2024




04699

No comments:

Post a Comment