Tuesday, January 9, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 175

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest #175, a sad baby sits at the bar. The rules of the monthly cash prize contest are the same: five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $100 into the first twenty pay-to-play contests and this twenty-first one brings my total cash outlay up to $105. After two previous runner-up entries, I've collected $200, so I'm still ahead of the game. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even to us less gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below. The cartoonist is Jason Chatfield.

"This is why I hate January."
"I can't keep ordering if no one will change me."
"I've known such bitter disappointment."



January 20, 2024 Update:  The Winner



The Judges Deliberate

Video added January 13, 20024



04553

No comments:

Post a Comment