Monday, December 25, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #879

There's a line at the Pearly Gates and a skier who bypasses it in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #879 from the issue of December 18, 2023. My sporting caption is shown below. The drawing is by Feggo, whom I like to call Felipe Galindo.

"I wanted the express entrance to have curling."



These captions didn't stick the landing:

"With a lift ticket you get express check-in."
"We also combine a lift ticket with TSA PreCheck."
"The ski jump is for atheists."
"It's the latest way to jump the line."
"Another gatecrasher."
"Guess what else a lift ticket buys."
"We never said the system was fair."




January 13, 2024 Update:  The Finalists




January 15, 2024 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Alexandria.



January 26, 2024 Update:  The Winner 






04540

No comments:

Post a Comment