Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 174

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest #174, we learn that not every mattress store customer is respectful and courteous. The rules of the monthly cash prize contest are the same: five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $95 into the first nineteen pay-to-play contests and this twentieth one brings my total cash outlay up to $100. After two previous runner-up entries, I've collected $200, so I'm still doing very well. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even to us less gifted captioneers. My three entries are shown below, above the break. The cartoonist is Lila Ash.

"Sure you can help me. Take Sasha for a walk."
"My Mom never complains."
"There's no way we're posing for your catalogue."
* * *
"You're not exactly a credit to society either."

"What kind of store doesn't have a nail clipper?"
"No sheet?"

"Do you have poop bags?"



December 30, 2023 Update:  The Winner




The Judges Deliberate



04527

No comments:

Post a Comment