Monday, November 27, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #876

It's just another day in the lab but one of the rats is showing unusual talent. Here we are in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #876 from the issue of November 27, 2023. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Mike Twohy.

"It's a pity we neutered him."



Incidentally, I was planning to go with the following caption until I listened to The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest Podcast episode 134. Nicole Chrolavicius came up with an idea very similar to mine and mentioned it on the podcast, announcing it to the world. I then went to work on a new caption.

"I'm hoping he'll make me the Creator."





December 4, 2023 Update:  The Finalists






December 15, 2023 Update:  I voted for the caption from Reno.


December 30, 2023 Update:  The Winner








04514

No comments:

Post a Comment