Monday, November 20, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #875

The geese have taken wing with their briefcases in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #875 from the issue of November 20, 2023. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Sofia Warren.
"Is it Monday already?"





These captions didn't exactly soar:
"Why can't WE learn to work together."
"Their cases will never float."
"Not every case will make it to the Supreme Court."
"Next time why don't we try a working vacation?"
"Is it tax season already?"
"You have to admire their spirit."
"I mourn the loss of innocence."
"They must save a fortune on airfare."





December 3, 2023 Update:  The Finalists






December 4, 2023 Update:
  I spread my wings and voted for the caption from New York.


December 15, 2023 Update:
  The Winner








04509

No comments:

Post a Comment