Sunday, March 5, 2023

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Winter 2023

It's time to cool down with Moment magazine's Cartoon Caption Contest for the Winter 2023 issue. My several captions are shown below for the most part in the order I wrote them. Entries below the divider were submitted the day after the deadline. The drawing of a lost couple is by Benjamin Schwartz.

"And I'm telling you this ISN'T the JCC."
"Say, isn't that our flier from Zabar's?"
"Forty years in the desert and THIS is where you want to retire?"
"It isn't a shortcut if we're lost."
"Remember when you called ME the cutest thing on the beach?"
"Right there. It says formal attire."
"Next time, bring your prescription sunglasses."
"I knew they wouldn't have any iceberg lettuce."
"They already took the best spot."
"What I said was I wanted to swim with dolphins."
* * *
"Now we're going to miss the new issue of Moment."
"They won't all look the same once we get to know them."
"We're not dressed for the occasion or for the weather."
"Doesn't this remind you of Mary Poppins?"
"I don't see how global warming will improve our situation."
"Do you want to be Bert or Mary Poppins?"







April 23, 2023 Update:  The Finalists





July 14, 2023 Update:  The Winner






04249

No comments:

Post a Comment