Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 164

Nature comes home to roost in the CartoonStock Caption Contest #164. Let's go over how this new monthly cash prize contest works: $5 buys up to three entries and no more. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've spent $45 over the first nine contests and this one makes $50. I somehow won $200 along the way. As more people enter, I don't expect to keep doing this well. My three new entries are shown below, above the break. The full-color drawing of a home infested with beavers is by Dan Misdea.

"Happy anniversary to you too. I got you a Louis XIV clock."
"But you can't take care of even one."
"No, not even if they're rescues."
* * *
"Why do we have to give a dam?"
"This isn't the way I wanted to be closer to nature."
"First of all, yes, I'm glad you remembered my birthday. . ."
"Let me clarify what I meant by whatever you want."




March 14, 2023 Update:  The Winner





My captions, it seems, were not worthy of debate:
Caption Contest Deliberations, Part 1

Caption Contest Deliberations, Part 2





04251

No comments:

Post a Comment