Tuesday, February 22, 2022

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Winter 2022

Moment magazine's Cartoon Caption Contest for the Winter 2022 issue recalls many a vivid nightmare. My several captions are shown below. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.


Moment's contest entries often reflect a specifically Jewish sense of humor, so some explanation of my terms may be in order here. A kippah is the Hebrew word for a head covering, or yarmulke in Yiddish. Tu BiShvat is the Jewish Arbor Day. Dreidel is a game of chance played during Chanukah with a four-sided top, but you already know that. Netflix you know too.
"This is so embarrassing. I forgot my kippah."
"And these are my good-luck briefs."
"Well, how do YOU celebrate Tu BiShvat?"
"Tell Benjamin Schwartz this isn't as funny as it looks."
"Worst of all, I was treed by a rabbit."
"My wife got everything in the divorce."
    “That’s the last time I play strip dreidel.”
    “Just keep yelling until I wake up.”
    "Take a hint from Netflix and don't look up."







March 28, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





July 16, 2022 Update:  The Winner








03884

No comments:

Post a Comment