Tuesday, August 3, 2021

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for Summer 2021

God wearing a Speedo and shades? Moment magazine's Cartoon Caption Contest for Summer 2021 takes us away to a divine day at the beach. A diminutive angel appears before God, who is sunbathing with a book. My twenty-four entries are shown below. The relaxed drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.

"If you know I'm everywhere, why do you come HERE?"
"You know I'm omnipresent, yet you always seek Me here."
"Are you big enough to fetch a nice cold Dr. Brown's?"
"Of course I can recommend a good book."
"What have they done to themselves this time?"
"You know perfectly well what I do on the seventh day."
"Just some light reading until the new Moment comes out."
"It's lonely at the top. Let's keep it that way."
"Lots of folks down here are reading Lucifer."
"You can't just come here every time you forget the wi-fi password."
"The wiser angels call it a chaise longue."
"You're blocking."
"Then why am I paying for your harp lessons?"
"This is why I created New Jersey."
"Ah, you're here to judge the swimsuit competition."
"Then you'll just have to cancel that interview with Moment."
"Go ahead, guess how many grains of sand."
"Shouldn't you be somewhere dancing on the head of a pin?"
"And don't come back without Dylan tickets."
"Your agent misled you. I'm not looking for new Psalms."
"I'd like a bagel of biblical proportions."
"A drachma for your thoughts?"
"You misunderstood. I never said bialys were unholy."
"If there were a multiverse, I'd know a lot more about it than Marvel."





October 15, 2021 Update:  The Finalists


I voted for the caption from Thousand Oaks.


November 21, 2021 Update:
  The Winner





03707

No comments:

Post a Comment