Monday, August 2, 2021

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #765

What's funny about climate change? That's the unspoken challenge of The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #765 from the issue of August 2, 2021. My temperate caption is shown below. The drawing is by Feggo, a.k.a. Felipe Galindo.

"You won't believe this, but my desert island disc is 'I Melt With You.'"





These captions didn't go with the floe:
"I don't see how this helps either of us."
"Stop raising my sea level."
"Thank goodness. For a minute I was afraid you were a cruise ship."
"Next time let me come to you."





August 10, 2021 Update:  The Finalists





August 17, 2021 Update:
  I neglected to vote this time around, just as I neglected to submit a caption for the juggling contest. Had I voted, I might have gone for the Croton-on Hudson caption.



August 28, 2021 Update:
 
 The Winner






03706

No comments:

Post a Comment