Monday, June 28, 2021

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #761

The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #761 is from the issue of June 28, 2021. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Sam Hurt.

"Just don't make any lemonade."





July 5, 2021 Update:  The Finalists


 

July 24, 2021 Update:  I neglected to vote on this one despite having two weeks in which to do it, or perhaps because of it. While I appreciate that the first caption is the most similar to my own, it plays on the end of the saying that begins with "When life gives you lemons..." The third caption, of course, plays on the beginning of that very phrase. So I most likely would have voted for the second caption, from Altadena, which manages to do something unexpected.



August 1, 2021 Update:  The Winner






03671

No comments:

Post a Comment