Monday, December 21, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #738

Below is my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #738 for December 21, 2020. The drawing depicts an alien abduction and is by P. C. Vey.

"Whatever you say, but the experiments won't be any fun."


And the also-rans:
"If we take the big one, we won't meet our quota."
"You and I are going to set the record for earthling abductions."
"I didn't hear anyone say what sort of earthlings to abduct."
"Are you sure you understood our directive?"
"Roswell sure has changed."
"Let's dump them all on Area 51."
"He seems stunned. Now we abduct him."
"When did you develop a conscience?"
"When did you become a vegan?"
"He's not upset yet, but watch as we beam them down in the next yard."
"Didn't I tell you our priority is abducting before composting?"




January 11, 2021 Update:  The Finalists







January 18, 2021 Update:
  I was late to the voting booth this week, but I have to go with the caption from Chicago.



January 25, 2021 Update:   The Winner




03479

No comments:

Post a Comment