Monday, December 14, 2020

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #737

Below is my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #737 for December 14, 2020. The drawing is by Paul Noth.

"Mary, is this your stalker?"



And the low-lyers:

"I smell the blood of an investor who just traded a cow for some beans."
"Jack reports continued growth in his bean stock."
"You must be the new bean counter."
"We're strictly a cloud-based app."
"We're looking for a giant killer app."
"Young man, investing in our golden eggs could have a fairytale ending."




December 28,2020 Update:  The Finalists






January 11, 2021 Update:
  I thought the captions to be of equal merit, but I voted for the one from Chevy Chase.



January 18, 2021 Update:  The Winner




 


03472

No comments:

Post a Comment