Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #48

A vacuum cleaner sitting on the mantelpiece is the subject of the Cartoon Collections Caption Contest #48. The drawing is by Christopher Weyant.

"It's a house gift from Jeff Koons."
"It cleans up real nice."
"It's ironic that we kept it even though we fired our interior decorator."
"It's my wife's little reminder that I've done no housework since 1987."
"I knocked over the urn but we've kept Mom's ashes."
"If I do ever need it, I'll sure as hell know where to find it."
"I'm kind of a clean freak."


November 14, 2019 Update:  The Winner



Note:  Just why am I writing a caption about Jeff Koons? You know a joke simply isn't funny any more once you have to explain it. But since it was never funny anyway, I'll go ahead and show what I was trying to reference:
Jeff Koons on his Series "The New"



Just one week ago, seven-time New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest winner Lawrence Wood concluded his contest commentary writing, "Every week, I’m pleasantly surprised by the number of really strong entries we receive." So why on earth has Cartoon Collections decided that the number of entries going forward would be limited to only three? And why did they start running their counter during the last hours of the previous contest? I haven't thought about making an entry yet and this is what next week's contest already looks like on my computer:
Fortunately the image is one I have difficulty reading so I doubt it will be a loss if I don't enter.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:



03075

No comments:

Post a Comment