Wednesday, December 26, 2018

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for November/December 2018

Here's a tasting menu of my entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for November/December 2018. Moment, of course, is a magazine which covers topics of Jewish interest and many of their caption contests, including this one, are skewed towards Jewish humor. Multiple entries in this contest are permitted. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.
"Relax. I'm an omnivore no more."
"I will not eat you in a tree.
I will not eat you in the sea."
"Scuttle. This is the kosher corner."
"No, not even in a month with the letter r."
"Some prankster taped a fake OU to your backside!"
"Where can I find imitation crab?"
"Then one day the scales fell from my eyes, except that
I don't have any."





January 16, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



March 22, 2019 Update:  The Winner


Glossary of Jewish humor:  Shellfish can never be kosher. You knew that. Neither can sharks, for that matter, because they don't have scales. Imitation crab can be kosher, although it doesn't have to be. OU is a trusted kosher certification provided by the Orthodox Union. There, that wasn't so bad, was it?


Note:  Last issue's Moment profile of some of its Caption Contest contributors may still be found here.




Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

No comments:

Post a Comment