Monday, December 31, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #644

Here is my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #644 for the double issue of December 24 and 31, 2018. The drawing is by Bob Eckstein.
"Now why would you need solar?"

These captions were subpar:
"Of course, greens fees are included."
"As a retirement community we still try to be kid-friendly."
"It's a great view, but I wouldn't stick my head out the window."

"Now just because you're retiring, you don't need to downsize everything."
"Look, I'm going to stick my neck out for you—figuratively."
"Why should you have to downsize?"



January 7, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


January 14, 2019 Update:  I voted for the third caption even though the first one was the closest to my own. Magnanimous of me, right?


January 21, 2019 Update:  The Winner


Note:  Last week cartoonist Mort Gerberg
showed us a rather punchy pianist. My caption didn't score a knockout, but perhaps I could have been a contender. See Contest #643.

This is Bob Eckstein's first appearance on this blog. What should his handicap be?



Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:



No comments:

Post a Comment