Monday, August 20, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #627

Let me show you to my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #627 for August 20, 2018. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.


"They're not menus—they're waivers."


These captions wouldn't serve:
"If you need anything, just stomp your feet."
"I'm afraid your dinner hasn't landed yet."
"This is the best I can do without a reservation."
"No, I do not have a table with a better view."

"We're not responsible for undercooked food or high winds."
"We're not responsible for undercooked food or earthquakes."
"Perhaps you don't remember the last tip you left."


August 27, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



September 3, 2018 Update:  I voted for the first caption.


September 10, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, cartoonist Harry Bliss's horse threw its rider. Hilarity ensued. Fasten your seat belt for Contest #626.

From the blog archives, here's a P. C. Vey tasting menu.


02653

No comments:

Post a Comment