Monday, July 30, 2018

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #625

Take a few swings at my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #625 for July 30, 2018. The drawing is by John Klossner.
"Real tigers don't have pinstripes."



These captions struck out:
"Heads up."
"Ever have one of those days when you just feel bonkers?"
"You'll need a bigger mask."
"Don't ask. It's a for a Geico commercial."
"Why are there no drawings on your dugout wall?"
"Do you want to connect with my ball club?"
"Just fine, thank you. And how do those pinstripes breathe?"



August 13, 2018 Update:  The Finalists

Each of these finalists had the catcher, not the caveman, doing the speaking.



August 20, 2018 Update:  I voted for the second caption. No way I'm going with artwork being two words.


August 27, 2018 Update:
  Winning Caption


Note:  Last week, cartoonist Farley Katz found romance six feet under. My caption needed to come up for some air. Spend eternity with Contest #624.

Then see those old blog posts of mine where John Klossner hit it out of the park.

02632

No comments:

Post a Comment