Monday, August 29, 2016

Deconstructing Gilligan

By chance the annual conference of the International Society for Humor Studies was held at Trinity College, Dublin about the same time I was in town. Bob Mankoff mentions the Society in the introduction to his memoir How About Never—Is Never Good for You? I can now verify that the Society is real, but I fear they were too busy deconstructing "Gilligan's Island" to seek out any new insights from the likes of me.

International Society for Humor Studies 2016 annual conference held in Trinity College, Dublin


The home page of the International Society for Humor Studies could use an update, August 28, 2016


Note:  The 2017 Conference of the International Society for Humor Studies will be held July 10-14 at the University of Quebec at Montreal. Las Vegas bookies have posted million-to-one odds against my being the keynote speaker.

So far as I know, Attempted Bloggery has yet to be cited in any academic journal of any type. I'm waiting, scholars.


Attempted Bloggery's quick links:

Ireland
Attempted Bloggery's Humorless Blog Index

01950

No comments:

Post a Comment