Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #437

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #437. The drawing is by Liza Donnelly.

"It's fortified with eight essential steroids."


August 18, 2014 Update:  The Finalists


September 1, 2014 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Try this on for size! Attempted Bloggery looks at some cartoons which are not strictly drawn to scale. Just like this one.

See my older posts about Liza Donnelly. I hear rumors she's a feminist.

In last week's contest, cartoonist Shannon Wheeler envisioned an office inside a fishbowl. My caption didn't hold water. See the results for Contest #436.

The last time I tried writing a steroid gag line, Hulk smashed. When will I learn?

My caption contest entries fall on deaf ears at the New Yorker, but for some reason over at the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest, my captions are given their due. See the fifth caption of mine to rise to finalist status and be sure to vote for your favorite caption by August 10.

01242

No comments:

Post a Comment