Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Orlando Weather Report

Last week, as you may have noticed, my blog fare was not especially ambitious. I shared a few amusing license plates and published my first short interview, if you can call it that. In fact, I was deliberately keeping to a light schedule while enjoying a family vacation in Walt Disney World.

Now that it's over, I see that Disney World offers a multitude of opportunities for a blogger as well as several potential pitfalls. The resort is already one of the most photographed areas of the world. I couldn't begin to sort through all that's already online in order to present entirely new content. Still, my selected experiences might be of some value in their own right.

I begin then with the weather in Orlando. Here is Monday's forecast for our vacation week:
The weather forecast in Orlando, FL for Monday August 11, 2014.

That's hardly an auspicious beginning. Thunderstorms were predicted for every day.

In fact, there was thunder and rain every single day, but generally not for very long. We never succumbed to the temptation to carry ponchos or umbrellas, although I personally was weakening. Our vacation time was only mildly disrupted by the inclement weather. On Tuesday, the thrilling airplane finale of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Disney's Hollywood Studios could not be performed because of rain. The famous stone in the opening scene didn't roll either, maybe because it was wet. Then on Thursday in the Magic Kingdom, lightning forced the temporary shutdown of Splash Mountain. Otherwise, we weren't really affected by the weather all that much.

01250

No comments:

Post a Comment