Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #422--Almost

For the second week in a row, I have forgotten to submit my entry to the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest. I don't even have an excuse other than forgetfulness. My captions have only a very slight chance of advancing to finalist status, but when I don't enter the chance is zero.

Let me explain what I did here. I actually thought about the contest all week and I conceived only this one caption. I even filled out the entry form. I did everything but click the submit button. I often wait till the last minute hoping I'll somehow come up with a better idea, but that strategy backfired once again. So, for the second time in two weeks, I present only what would have been my entry in the caption contest. This is Contest #422 for the week of April 7, 2014. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz. This is what my caption was supposed to look like.
"I'm all done. You now have a paperless office."


April 14, 2014 Update:  The Finalists


April 28, 2014:  Winning Caption



Note: Last week when I forgot to submit my caption, a herd of rhinoceroses had taken over the local breakfast cafe. The finalists for Joe Dator's cartoon have now been announced. Of course, there might have been a different outcome if I had submitted a caption, but I seriously doubt it. In fact, I don't think I ever quite finished tweaking my caption. Anyway, you can see the results of Contest #421 here.

The last time a cartoon by Benjamin Schwartz was featured in the caption contest, I actually remembered to enter. See the outcome here.

01113

No comments:

Post a Comment