Monday, April 22, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #377 for April 22, 2013

This makes the third time I've entered The New Yorker's Cartoon Caption Contest, which is Contest #377 for April 22, 2013. After this, I should probably stop counting my entries. The drawing is by Tom Cheney. The caption is by yours truly.

"I don't care how comfortable he is here, Sherlock, you are
sending him back to Sumatra this instant!"


I had considered going with an alternative caption, one perhaps with a less obscure reference, but I decided against it. The R.O.U.S.'s were suggested by my daughter.

"Rodents of Unusual Size were funny in 'The Princess Bride.'
They are not funny in Teaneck."

April 29, 2013 Update:  The Finalists


May 13, 2013 Update:  The Winning Caption


Note:  My previous entry in the caption contest can be found here. If my submitted caption makes absolutely no sense to you, you might check out this earlier blog post.

0699

No comments:

Post a Comment