Saturday, April 27, 2013

Just Another Spring Day in Central Park

Four years ago, I went for a walk in Central Park and did a little people-watching. There may have been some unusual goings on, but I didn't really know what to make of it at the time and I still don't. These photographs document two separate events that I witnessed as I walked around the Reservoir. This was on or around May 1, 2009. I believe one event was meant to be humorous, and the other was meant to be artistic, or perhaps promotional. Even here I'm far from certain.

Note that in each instance, you can see someone else photographing the same subject. The people in the park wanted to be seen and photographed! The group wearing sadomasochistic dress and playacting the provision of transportation services attracted the attention of another photographer in my third and fourth photos. In the case of the woman wearing almost nothing but body paint, there were actually about a dozen other photographers standing next to me, all of them men. Go figure. Some of their camera equipment looked professional, so this may have been a publicity event. That would explain it, I suppose. I have some advice for the model, by the way: don't wear fall colors in the spring.











Note:  If you know more than I do about what transpired one fine spring day in Central Park four years ago and the uninhibited people I photographed, please feel free to leave an informative comment.

0705

No comments:

Post a Comment