Monday, April 8, 2013

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #375

Here is my entry for The New Yorker's Cartoon Caption Contest #375 for April 8, 2013. I never entered before, and never even came close to conceiving a caption. Lately, though, I've been having some fun submitting entries on Danny Shanahan's new monthly cartoon caption contest, so many in fact that he may have to modify the rules on multiple entries. Anyway, I thought I'd try the big time.

I imagine there will be quite a few more entries than usual this week. Many people have been reading about the late Roger Ebert and his weekly entries to The New Yorker's caption contest, one of which won and at least one more of which certainly could have won. I have no such high expectations for my own entry, but at least I finally made a submission. The lovely drawing, of course, is by Victoria Roberts.


"I really appreciate all your empathy, Doc. My last
analyst was an egg beater."


April 15, 2013 Update:  The Finalists

April 29, 2013 Update:  The Winning Caption


Note:  My book review of The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest Book (2008) is right here.

0685

No comments:

Post a Comment