Monday, March 4, 2013

"You're Sitting On My Eyelashes" Cover Art

Last month, Whitney Darrow, Jr.,'s original cover art to his 1943 collection "You're Sitting on my Eyelashes" was sold at Swann Galleries for $850. I've always found the cover art to be too much of a hodgepodge, different cartoons situations all thrown together incongruously in the Central Park setting, but nevertheless it's quite an attractive piece for the price.

Whitney Darrow, Jr.
Original cover art for "You're Sitting on my Eyelashes" (1943).
Swann Galleries, January 24, 2013

Whitney Darrow, Jr.
Original cover art for "You're Sitting on my Eyelashes" (1943).
Swann Galleries, January 24, 2013
http://catalogue.swanngalleries.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=2300+++++130+&refno=++666928&saletype=
$1,020 with the buyer's premium



The published book:
Whitney Darrow, Jr.
"You're Sitting on my Eyelashes" (New YorkRandom House, 1943).


June 18, 2014 Update:  Darrow's original cover art is now available through Taraba Illustration Art, LLC.
Whitney Darrow, Jr. Original cover art, "You're Sitting on my Eyelashes" (New York:  Random House, 1943).
Taraba Illustration Art, LLC

Detail with apparent repaired tear

http://www.tarabaillustrationart.com/art288.shtml


0641

No comments:

Post a Comment