Monday, August 26, 2024

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #910

You can almost hear the heavenly harp music emanating from The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #910 from the issue of August 26, 2024, along with one very distant thud. My caption is shown below. The angelic drawing is by Sofia Warren.

"Have you been swearing again?"




These captions just wouldn't float:

"I knew that church organ was a bad idea."
"Butterfingers."
"I told you not practicing might lead to some fallout."
"And that's why we don't play 'Ring Around the Rosie.'"




September 7, 2024 Update:  The Finalists




September 14, 2024 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Maplewood.





04729

1 comment:

  1. "I warned him about playing that 'Sympathy for the Devil' riff." seems better to me.

    ReplyDelete