Tuesday, June 25, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 181

It's time for another round of the CartoonStock Caption Contest. In contest number 181, two identically-dressed eggs stand at the base of Humpty Dumpty's wall. One of them is injured from, apparently, a great fall and it is he who speaks.


The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed (and neither has my description of them): five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $130 into the first twenty-six pay-to-play contests and this twenty-seventh challenge brings my total cash outlay up to $135. Having achieved runner-up status with two previous entries, I've collected $200 from CartoonStock, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank goodness. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even for us less-gifted caption writers. My three hard-boiled entries are shown below. The cartoonist is Mick Stevens.

"Don't tell Mother Goose it was rough sex."
"Apparently I insulted all the king's horses."
"Now will you properly dispose of all banana peels?"








July 7, 2024 Update:  The Winner





The Judges Deliberate
Video added June 29, 2024





04674

No comments:

Post a Comment