Monday, May 20, 2024

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #897

A man takes his piggy bank for a walk in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #897 from the issue of May 20, 2024. A neighbor comments. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Kaamran Hafeez.

"So money does walk."



These captions couldn't keep up.
"I hear he no longer keeps it all in his mattress."
"He leaves his wallet at home."
"Every day he brings home the bacon."
"Let's see him try to do that with bitcoin."
"He's my landlord but I don't pay him directly."
"He's always out of step with the market."
"Don't be fooled into offering it a treat."
"They say he's well off, but he never spends anything."
"I see why he had to fire all the previous walkers."
"No wonder he ignores his family."
"He's not at all concerned about interest rates."







June 2, 2024 Update:  The Finalists





June 9, 2024 Update:
  I voted for the caption from South Duxbury.


June 15, 2024 Update:  The Winner





04653

No comments:

Post a Comment