Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 180

It's time for another round of the CartoonStock Caption Contest. In number 180, two wrestlers meet up in the ring. One of them is a clown. The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed (and neither has my description of them): five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $125 into the first twenty-five pay-to-play contests and this twenty-sixth challenge brings my total cash outlay up to $130. Having achieved runner-up status with two previous entries, I've collected $200 from CartoonStock, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank goodness. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even for us less-gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below, above the break. The cartoonist is Rich Sparks.

"Even in clown college, you couldn't have been a contender."
"Usually I dominate three rings."
"When I took on Ringling they went down for six years."
* * *
"I've got a kid's party right after this."
"I'm a clown—grapple with it."
"Laugh at your own risk."
"Why can't you take this seriously?"
"Only one of us can give 'em the greatest show on earth."





04661

No comments:

Post a Comment