Monday, December 2, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #688

You'd better salute my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #688 for December 2, 2019. The drawing is by Carolita Johnson.
"Everyone has his price. Mine is a matter of record."



These captions weren't up to code:
"I'm in purchasing."
"Ma'am, war doesn't come cheap."
"Today's military is up front about bribes."
"They're markers for future medals."
"The Administration gave me a receipt for my ethics."


December 9, 2019 Update:  The Finalists






December 16, 2019 Update:  I voted with Detroit.



December 30, 2019 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  In last week's Caption Contest, cartoonist P. C. Vey took us to the Macy's Parade. March into Contest #687.

Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives
03097

No comments:

Post a Comment