Monday, April 10, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #564

Grab a perch and read my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #564 for April 10, 2017. The drawing is by Joe Dator.
"I can help you send fan mail to J. K. Rowling."


And these are the throwaways. Or, in this case, the flyaways:
"I'm an advisor to Hogwarts."
"Actually, I go to bed early."
"Do you have a sudden hankering for potato chips?"
"I surround myself with the best and the brightest—

including you, Ms. Forrester."
"I'm not a wizard, you know. You do know?"
"May I ask a small favor regarding my vacation?"




April 17, 2017 Update: The Finalists



April 24, 2017 Update:  I voted for the third caption without enthusiasm.


May 1, 2017 Update: Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Drew Dernavich made the rounds. My caption circled the drain. Roll up and see Contest #563.

The archives have more Caption Contests by Joe Dator. Who?


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:

Passover

Owls

No comments:

Post a Comment